Finding the time for a good morning beauty routine may seem hard to come by, especially with the normal, everyday stresses that life tends to throw at you. But taking a little “you time” each morning is essential, especially when it comes to skin health and hygiene. Continue reading for some tips on putting together a morning routine.
A Simple Routine That Will Have You Glowing In No Time
Once you’ve found the ultimate skincare routine that fits your skin type, it’s time to get your day started. Not only will this morning beauty routine leave your skin feeling healthy but also get your endorphins flowing and blood circulating, if you so choose.
- First things first. Try and start your day with a relaxing yoga session or quick meditation. If yoga or meditation isn’t your thing, brew your favorite cup of coffee and enjoy a few moments of silence before the day’s hectic events begin. (Plus, de-stressing before the day starts may keep your anxiety or stress from causing unwanted wrinkles, and who doesn’t love that?)1
- Time for your favorite: a skincare routine! Not only will this leave you feeling a little more awake, but it’s also you literally putting your best face forward to take on whatever the day throws at you. Apply your favorite body lotion or body oil for a little something extra that’s just for you. (Pro tip: Add some of this not just to your face, but to your neck, decollete, and hands and spread a little love to the rest of your skin.)
- If you like wearing makeup, this next step’s for you. Grab your favorite bronzer, brow pencil, mascara, eye shadow, concealer, and more to create your perfect look. Add a touch of lipstick before you head out the door and – voila – you’re ready for anything.
First Things First: Invest In High-Quality Beauty Products
The perfect skin care routine doesn’t necessarily require a hundred steps or a cleanser for every day of the week in order to get your skin where you want it. Oftentimes, a simple eye cream, tinted moisturizer, cleansing face wash, and serum (like vitamin C serum or retinol) or cc cream of your choice can do the trick.2
Consider incorporating some of these items into your morning skincare routine for skin that will be glowing and ready for the day in no time:
- Face wash: A good face wash is everything. Be sure to find one that’s the perfect fit for your skin type and that leaves your face moisturized and radiant. After all, no one wants to feel as if their skin is dried out or cracked when it’s supposed to feel refreshed.
- Toner: Toners help revitalize and cleanse your pores before applying makeup. They’re typically used after your face wash, with other creams or serums applied afterward. Look for those wonderful ingredients like green tea, chamomile, or blue algae to ensure your skin stays youthful and purified all day long.
- Exfoliator: These are great for sloughing off any dead-looking skin so that you’re always putting your best face forward. Retinol, peptides, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) are the key ingredients to keep an eye out for when browsing the shelves for the perfect exfoliator. Exfoliate once or twice a week for skin that will have heads turning everywhere.
- Creams/serums: There are an abundance of creams and serums that will work wonders on your skin, especially when it comes to fine lines and wrinkles. Fruit extracts and lipochroman antioxidants are just some of the ingredients that will keep those pesky aging signs at bay. Apply after your toner to maximize those glowing effects.
- Moisturizer: Dried skin doesn’t look good on anyone. And more importantly, it isn’t healthy. Reenergize and soothe your skin with a moisturizer that includes ingredients like rose, jasmine, and other calming, hydrating substances. A good moisturizer will go an incredibly long way.
- Sunscreen: The sun does some major damage to your skin, so this is a MUST HAVE for every morning. Look for sunscreens that give you ample coverage (a.k.a with SPF 30 or higher), and boast about ultimate protection from UV damage (look for the zinc oxide content on the ingredient list). Bonus points if it helps with aging caused by sun damage.
Note: One great product that no skin type can go wrong with is hyaluronic acid. This is a natural substance made by the body to support healthier skin. So, the next time you find yourself perusing the beauty aisle, you can’t go wrong with the products that boast about hyaluronic acid – it works wonders.
More On The Importance Of Sunscreen: Beware Of UV Rays, Even During Morning Yoga
To further protect your skin from unwanted fine lines and wrinkles, be sure to apply sunscreen when doing your morning yoga in your living room, backyard, or the park. Not only does wearing sunscreen every day help combat the effects of aging but also aids in sun protection. It protects your skin from harmful UV rays while greatly reducing your chance of sunburn.3
There are also plenty of incredible beauty and skin care products that can help you get your daily dose of sunscreen before you even step outside for morning yoga, which is perfect because even on overcast days, you’re being exposed to 80 percent of the sun’s rays.4
Ready For Anything
The ultimate morning beauty routine isn’t about how many beauty or hair products you have, it’s about how it makes you feel when it comes to tackling the day head-on. When you feel your most beautiful, you’re also at your most bold and confident. Once you’ve found your perfect routine, you’ll feel ready to jump up and get started the moment your alarm clock goes off.
Remember, with good skin comes great responsibility. Treating yourself every morning to a morning skincare routine that leaves you feeling and looking great is one of the highest forms of self-care – so grab your favorite cleanser, hair, and makeup products, and get on track to feeling and being you. Soon, the compliments will come pouring in and your skin won’t be able to stop thanking you.
Quarantine Self Care: At Home Beauty Tips
How To Do A Blowout At Home: Tips And Easy Steps
How To Do Manicure At Home: Gorgeous DIY Manicures